Closing Gala Concert
The Walled City Music Festival is thrilled to present this stunning collaboration of music and dance in partnership with the Arizona State University Dance Faculty.
Featuring traditional Irish music performed and recorded in An Culturlánn (Derry), and music composed by Irish composers Linda Buckley, Greg Caffrey, Jonathan Nangle and Christopher Norby, and violinist/composer Daniel Roumain, this performance will be a very special spectacle of modern dance, hip hop and salsa to close the 12thWalled City Music Festival.
1. Greg Caffrey: Honk, performed by Christopher Creviston (soprano saxophone) & Hannah Creviston (piano), choreography and dance by David Olarte
2. Linda Buckley: Solas, poetry by Doireann Ní Ghríofra, performed by Cathal Breslin (piano) and Sabrina Hu (flute), modern dance choreographed by Keith Thompson, dancers Kayla Anderson and Brayden Guentzel
3. Jonathan Nangle: Solas, performed by Jiji Kim (electric guitar), salsa choreography and dance by David Olarte and Carla Leon
4. Christopher Norby: Moviola Music, performed by Cathal Breslin (piano) and Sabrina Hu (flute)
5. Daniel Roumain: Seven Simple Solos, performed by Daniel Roumain (violin), modern dance choreographed by Mary Fitzgerald and Eileen Standley
6. Buí (performed and recorded in Cultúrlann, Derry) with modern dance by Carley Conder, dancers Lauren Jimenez, Emily Laird, Amy Symonds and Victoria Ward
7. Buí (performed and recorded in Cultúrlann, Derry), music remix by Lawrence “Reflekshin” Martinez with hip hop choreography by Jorge Magana (House), dancers Dominique “Domo” Brown, Mike “Mr.Groove” Cruz and Ruby Morales
Filmed in Cutúrlann (Derry), Arizona State University and Desert Botanical Gardens (Phoenix, Arizona)